Twin Peaks Season 3

Bateman

Rising Star
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
310
A while back I wanted this... badly. But then I heard of all of the troubles it was going through and I soured on it. Numerous reasons for my souring, but the latest I heard a few days ago and will now share.

As was mentioned in the Luke Cage thread, I don't think shows are meant to be viewed or written for 'chunks' at a time. It defeats the episodic nature of it. That being said, I heard that the new season 3 Twin Peaks was filmed as a long movie. It was neither written nor filmed as episodes. So now they are going through the movie and 'cutting' it down into episodes.

They said because they are looking for "natural" moments to stop the episodes some will run longer that 55 minutes and some will only run 40. This seems like even more of a disaster to me.

Granted, it's a new 'cool' way to film a TV show, but, it just sounds like it may make for really bad TV. Writing one script, filming it, and then trying to decide where each episode starts and stops. It'll be curious to see.
 
Then it's not episodic, it's a movie cut into pieces lol

I wasn't really into Twin Peaks the first time around, so I'm not really all that interested in another season.
 
Back
Top